Visual Studio 2015 Update 1. The release has fixed the C# assembly cannot access Nullable property exposed by C++/CLI class library. Nice! 🙂
Two very good articles on the new features of C#6.0. Very good Abhishek Sur!
- C# 6.0: Language features and its internals Part 1
- C# 6.0: Language features and its internals Part 2
CShell is an interactive C# scripting environment. It allows you to use C# without any fluff right in a console like environment called a read-eval-print-loop (REPL). Your code is directly evaluated and executed in a shell window, no separate executable has to be compiled and then run in a different process. More elaborate code can be written in a C# script and then evaluated as one file, only one line, or a selection. Then, your results can be easily dumped to HTML (like LINQPad) or viewed as a data grid or plotted to a chart.
A short list of articles explaining the new features in C# 5.0
- An Introduction to New Features in C# 5.0
- Jon Skeet blog a fantastic guide to async
- Anders Hejlsberg: Introducing Async – Simplifying Asynchronous Programming (video)
- Visual Studio Asynchronous Programming (MSDN)
- C#5 Method caller information