Visual Studio 2015 Update 1. The release has fixed the C# assembly cannot access Nullable property exposed by C++/CLI class library. Nice! 🙂
Two very good articles on the new features of C#6.0. Very good Abhishek Sur!
- C# 6.0: Language features and its internals Part 1
- C# 6.0: Language features and its internals Part 2
So how to use the StringWriter with XmlWriter to get XML string form the writer without going through IO. You need to use some writer object to make it produce XML – but don’t need to serialize this to disk. How to do this?
- First you need a StringWriter (sw) object.
- The a XmlWriter is created with by sending the sw as input to the constructor of XmlWriter.
- Then use the XmlWriter
- Now you need to flush the sw. Call close on the StringWriter
And close the XmlWriter
- Then you get the XML from the sw.ToString method.
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
var writer = XmlWriter.Create(sw);
//Don't need to do this writer.Close();
Console.WriteLine("returned with sw:" + sw.ToString());
A short list of articles explaining the new features in C# 5.0
- An Introduction to New Features in C# 5.0
- Jon Skeet blog a fantastic guide to async
- Anders Hejlsberg: Introducing Async – Simplifying Asynchronous Programming (video)
- Visual Studio Asynchronous Programming (MSDN)
- C#5 Method caller information
Have problems with #Firefox 4 beta dictionary’s? Cant see all installed languages? see http://goo.gl/yrkhf.
- Check installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 7\dictionaries
- Copy *.aff and *.dic from another dictionaries folder.
- Restart FF.
Are you planning to create a FF extension.. Then see the next links.. – Lazy Programmers (LP) Guide To Creating A Firefox Mozilla Extension http://goo.gl/l5aZf. A very good guide!!! More see How to create Firefox extensions http://goo.gl/QRAhv
Mozilla has of course lot of useful information http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extension_development
See here http://www.cuneytyilmaz.com/prog/jrx/
Very good! Cüneyt Yilmaz
Log2Console is a super fast and very nice log viewer. I’m using it to log messages from log4net.
Intellisense don’t work in C++/CLI/Mixed mode project from VS2010… by design Redmond? Check.. this article on Microsoft Connect http://tinyurl.com/34qrz4s
You can try Visual Assist X from Whole Tomato Software it solves the problem and reintroduce the intellisense in mixed mode projects. Download here.