See why-does-the-print-key-not-work-in-some-windows. Hint: Run Greenshot with administrator privileges.
Finally! I found a solution that worked for the Nvidia error code 28. During installation I kept getting an error (both Nvidia installer and Windows Update). Tried to remove all references to the Nvidia driver but nothing worked. Did safe mode, cleaning registry, etc. But nothing seamed to fix the “code 28” error.
Until I lanched the “sfc /scannow” (more on the System File Checker tool in the Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files). But after running sfc and it fixed so system files the Nvidia driver installation was again running like a life through butter 🙂
Problem solved! (I did this fix on Win10 build 10074).
Two very good articles on the new features of C#6.0. Very good Abhishek Sur!
See Craig Buckler’s post on sitepoint.com
- Backup HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers
- Delete or rename the folders to get the one you need at the top. Note: Windows 8 only support 15 shell icon overlay identifiers! See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4411336/shelliconoverlayidentifiers-why-so-few
CShell is an interactive C# scripting environment. It allows you to use C# without any fluff right in a console like environment called a read-eval-print-loop (REPL). Your code is directly evaluated and executed in a shell window, no separate executable has to be compiled and then run in a different process. More elaborate code can be written in a C# script and then evaluated as one file, only one line, or a selection. Then, your results can be easily dumped to HTML (like LINQPad) or viewed as a data grid or plotted to a chart.
A simple, yet powerful, C# scripting IDE
So how to use the StringWriter with XmlWriter to get XML string form the writer without going through IO. You need to use some writer object to make it produce XML – but don’t need to serialize this to disk. How to do this?
- First you need a StringWriter (sw) object.
- The a XmlWriter is created with by sending the sw as input to the constructor of XmlWriter.
- Then use the XmlWriter
- Now you need to flush the sw. Call close on the StringWriter
And close the XmlWriter
- Then you get the XML from the sw.ToString method.
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
var writer = XmlWriter.Create(sw);
//Don't need to do this writer.Close();
Console.WriteLine("returned with sw:" + sw.ToString());